Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Looking back

I'm finding it very hard to believe it's already November and that my sweet baby girl is going to be 6 months in just 3 short weeks.  I don't know where the time goes!  It feels like just yesterday I was in the hospital getting ready to see her little face for the first time.  Yet at the same time, it feels like she's been with us forever.  I'm sure all parents feel that way!

I constantly find myself looking back at pictures and remembering what she was like as a newborn and one and two months old.  What I didn't realize until just this week is that the more I look back, the more I miss what she's doing in the present.  As much as I loved her as a tiny, little, fragile baby, I love all the new things she's doing!  She smiles and squeals when she gets excited, she pulls herself up to a sitting position if she's laying down and doesn't want to be, and she's been holding her own bottle for a couple of weeks now.  She's becoming quite the little independent girl!  It's so awsome to see her grow right before my eyes.  I'm so proud of how well she's thriving and all the new things she does from day to day.  I'm also afraid to blink out of fear of missing something. 

Today I had someone tell me, "In a few years you'll be praying for her to be grown up and out of the house."  I'm sure we'll have our arguments and differences as she grows up and I'm sure there were will be challenging times as well.  Right now, I just want to enjoy her happy little smile and her excitement when she sees me or her Daddy, her tiny little fingers and toes, the way she squeals when she sees the dog, the way she coos and blows raspberries... I know that not before long I'll be looking back and saying, "Remember when..."

Sweet Girl, keep growing but try not to grow so fast!  

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment